Individual artists and small collectives are invited to submit applications for our 2019 Room to Move dance studio residency program.
The program offers our dance studio space in-kind for dance artists to be able to be able to rehearse and experiment without the pressure of a creative outcome.
What’s on offer?
Up to four residencies will be awarded.
The Room to Move residency offers:
- up to 150 hours in the dance studio at no charge in a year (for example 1 x 4 hour session per week) based on availability. Maximum of 1 booking per week of up to five hours.
- $250 towards PLI costs
- Arts West membership
- Promotion of the artist / collective through council communication channels
- Potential opportunities to participate in STACC / Bowery events
- Potential support with connecting with other groups/organisations/funding bodies/presenters
The Room To Move Residency encourages:
- Opportunities to undertake process-driven arts practice and risk taking in making new, contemporary performance works/processes/ensembles;
- Artistic and career development opportunities for artists and arts organisations;
- Opportunities to increase community reach and engagement;
- Opportunities to develop new, local audiences;
- The development of work that is reflective of the cultural identity of Brimbank; and
- Artistic merit in the presentation/development of new work/processes that positions the Bowery and STACC as a place that nurtures bold ideas.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Room To Move residency is for local emerging / early career independent artists. To apply for funding you must:
- Be an individual or small group practicing dance, choreography, creative/expressive movement, or dance theatre.
- Be an individual with an ABN OR be a group with a member that has an ABN who can invoice for the group OR have an Auspice/sponsor OR be an incorporated group.
- Have at least one member of the group over 18 years of age who is responsible for the group and will be present at every booking
- Have Public Liability Insurance cover for the duration of the project
Applications open: March 2019
Applications close: 2pm on Sunday, 2 June 2019
Decisions announcement: Mid June 2019
Residency Commences: July 2019
Residency Ends: End of June 2020
To read the full guidelines click Room To Move Residency Guidelines 2019 and to apply complete the form below.